Thursday 20 June 2019

Weight Loss for the right reason


Losing weight is not hard, there is no rocket science involved. It goes much deeper.

Being an obese person for almost 23 years of my life I have realized one thing, no one could persuade me to do it other then myself. No matter how much humiliation I went through, I could never do it. No one could make me understand that it was important because they gave me all the wrong reasons.

Weight loss is not for fitting in better clothes, it's not for shutting up that creep from your college who body shammed you, it's not for that neighbour who constantly reminds you of your round shape; weight loss is for something which you don’t want in your life anymore. It can be your decreased morale, any disease due to obesity or decrement in your confidence level.

Proper and positive reasons for weight loss can make you move in right direction; with determination and passion. All it takes is the correct “why”. A correct “when” which should always be today and not any coming Monday. And a correct “How” which is the easiest to figure out.



The main factors that help in boosting your confidence are the right sort of people who are around you during this phase. With every kilo I lost I had a friend who was happier than I was and that made the process exciting. Every Friday she waited to hear how my week went. And every time my weight was same, she used to explain how I am losing fat and not weight so I shouldn't feel bad about it.

You don’t need negativity, you don’t need pressure, if you are enjoying what you are doing you are doing it correctly.



Many people are obsessed with not weighing themselves but trust me weighing and measuring yourself weekly or daily can help you satiate your mind in the best possible way. It can make you realize that what went wrong in your week, how your diet or cheat meal didn’t work in the best way for your metabolism or how your sleep schedule is affecting your progress.

If you are doing it for yourself, for your own betterment and change, you can follow it for a longer time. And once you achieve a little your greed for more will occur and that greed never lets you stop.

Chose the right reason and enjoy the changes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment